Casino Bonuses Explained
The best thing about online casinos is their bonus offers. Online casinos give away a wide range of bonuses not only to attract new players, but also to encourage loyal gamblers to keep playing for real money. In fact, the online casino bonus is one of the biggest advantages of playing at online casinos.
Types of Bonuses
Online casinos offer several varieties of bonuses, and here is a brief overview of some of them.
- No Deposit Bonuses: Online casinos offer no-deposit bonuses to new players who have just created an account. It is an online casino’s way of saying “thank you for registering.” New players can claim no-deposit bonuses even before making a first deposit. Usually, no deposit bonuses are in the form of small cash bonuses or free spins.
The newest form of no-deposit bonus is the free play bonus. It is a large cash bonus, which players are required to use within a specific time frame. Usually, online casinos give players 60 minutes to spend their free play bonuses. At the end of that time, players will be able to keep winnings that is any amount over and above the free play bonus. Some casinos set restrictions and place a limit on the amount that can be withdrawn.
- Deposit Bonuses: The most common variety of online casino bonus is the deposit bonus or match bonus. It is given away as a percentage of players’ deposit amounts. For example, a 100% match or deposit bonus of up to $100 means that the deposit amounts of a player will be doubled to a maximum of $100.
Deposit bonuses are associated with wagering requirements, and players have to meet these requirements before they can attempt to withdraw their winnings.
- Promotional Bonuses: Online casinos also offer special bonuses as part of promotions. Usually, these are in the form of free spins, cashback offers, or deposit bonuses.
- Loyalty Bonuses: Online casinos also offer loyalty bonuses in order to reward players for their wagering activities.
- Birthday Bonuses: Some casinos also offer birthday bonuses to celebrate loyal players’ birthdays.
- Refer-a-friend Bonuses: If you refer a friend to an online casino, you may receive a bonus for doing so.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Bonuses are associated with terms and conditions that players must read and understand before actually claiming one of them.
General Terms – Sometimes, bonuses may not be available to players from certain countries or the bonus may vary from one currency to the other.
Wagering Requirements – Players are also required to satisfy wagering requirements or playthrough the bonus amount a specific number of times before withdrawing the winnings.
Game Restrictions – Some casinos may prevent players from using the bonus on all the games. Even if players use their bonus on all the games, they will not contribute equally to satisfying the wagering requirements.
To claim an online casino bonus, players only have to register and login to their accounts.