Microgaming Software Systems Limited, which is always called Microgaming for short, is an international developer and supplier of online casino software and gaming content. The company claims to have launched the first online casino even in 1994. Today, Microgaming powers several noted casinos such as 32Red, Palace Group of casinos, and Fortune Lounge Group of casinos. The company operates from the Isle of Man.
Hottest Features of Microgaming Powered Online Casinos
Here are some of the hottest features of online casinos that operate on the Microgaming software platform:
✓ Over 600 games, including table games, slots games, video pokers, poker games, instant win games, and special games
✓ Play in the download as well as Flash formats
✓ Play for fun or real money
✓ Microgaming’s HTML5 games are compatible with a wide range of devices such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets, Mac computers, smartphones, and other devices
✓ Biggest network of progressive jackpot games in the industry
Basic Overview of Microgaming Software
Microgaming offers an impressive portfolio of products and services such as live dealer casino, business solutions, land-based casino software and games, sportsbook, bingo, mobile gambling, multi-player gambling, casino gaming, poker gaming, Quickfire, and others. The complete game catalog includes 800 online casino games and over 1200 variants of those games. The games include licensed as well as proprietary content. Since Microgaming releases new games almost every other day, Microgaming powered online casinos have an ever expanding games portfolio.
Although Microgaming has won a number of industry awards, its focus is on customer satisfaction, customer retention, and innovation.
The Company’s History
- Microgaming started life in 1994 as an online casino, but soon expanded to become a leading provider of online casino gaming software solutions, online casino games, and land-based casino services and products.
- Microgaming is credited with the establishment of the Interactive Gaming Council (IGC), which focuses on ensuring fair and responsible gambling in the industry, and the eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA), the industry watchdog. Online casinos that bear the eCOGRA’s seal of approval are considered to be the best in the industry.
- The company launched Cash Splash, its first progressive jackpot slot, in 1998. Shortly after that, Microgaming upgraded its software to include a Flash version. Later, the company developed software in several languages.
- In 2008, they developed the first 100-line online video slot in the world.
- In 2009, they broke all records by giving away a progressive jackpot worth over €6 million.
- In 2011, Microgaming presented to the world its first 3D slot.
The Company Today
Today, Microgaming continuously upgrades its software to give players the ultimate online gambling experience. It also regularly releases brand new video poker games and online slots games, respectively. It has gained a great deal of popularity among online casino players all over the world and still receives several industry awards on a regular basis.