What is Sic Bo in a Nutshell?
The original Chinese game of Sic Bo (meaning dice pair) is played today at casinos using three dice. Played around a custom table, Sic Bo has a loyal following of fans at both online and traditional gambling establishments and is considered a game of chance.
What is the Object of Sic Bo?
Players need to select individual numbers or a combination of all the numbers that come up on the dice after they are thrown. Players can choose from a number of betting options during the game.
What are the Betting Options in Sic Bo?
The game of Sic Bo is traditionally played around a customized table that depicts the various betting options available to players. The images on the table show the dice in the various positions that they can land on, to enable players to make their predictions.
There are several betting choices available to the player:
- Dice Sides : Sic Bo is played with traditional six-sided dice, with the numbers 1 through to 6 depicted on the dice. Players have the option of betting that one particular number will appear on the dice. If the number comes up on one of the thrown dice, the payout on this bet is 1:1. If it comes up on two, payout is 2:1 and if it appears three times, the payout is 3:1.
- Number Combinations : Players can predict that two specific numbers will appear on any of the two dice. For example, they can bet that the numbers two and five will appear on two out of the three thrown dice. If predicted correctly, the player wins 5:1.
- Total Wagers : Players predict the total sum of all three dice thrown. This total ranges from 4 through to 17 and the payouts vary, according to the total bet on. In general, players can win anything from 6:1 to 50:1, depending on which total they bet on.
- Big or Small Wagers : Players can wager that the total sum of the three dice thrown will fit either into the ‘big’ or the ‘small’ category. A ‘big’ total constitutes anything between 11 and 17, while a ‘small’ total is 4 through to 10.
- Pair Wagers : Players predict that any pair of numbers will be thrown. If they are correct, they are paid out 8:1.
- Any Triplet Wager : Players can wager that a triplet will be thrown, no matter which numbers. Payout on this bet is 24:1.
- Particular Triplet Wager : By far the highest payout wager at 150:1, this betting option allows players to predict that one particular triplet will be thrown on the dice, eg. all fives.
How is Sic Bo Played Out?
- Players place their bets on the Sic Bo table.
- The dice are shaken by the dealer in a special dice shaker, before being set on the table.
- The dice numbers are entered into an electronic device and displayed on the layout.
- Winners are paid out accordingly.