What is Baccarat in a Nutshell?
Considered one of the easiest games to learn in the gambling industry, baccarat continues to draw millions of fans worldwide. Good players realize that to truly appreciate this unique game, they need to learn the rules before trying to play.
What is the Object of Baccarat?
The player wagers which, out of two personas in the game, will manage to reach the sum of nine out of the total value of the cards that were dealt to them during the course of the game.
What are the Basics of Baccarat?
- A typical, customized baccarat table, around which the game is played, can hold an average of 14 players.
- The two figures in the game – the banker (Banco) and Punto (player) are each dealt cards and gamblers need to bet which out of the two will get nearest to the total of nine on their dealt cards. It is also permissible to bet on a tie.
- The player’s role in the game is limited to wagering on either side (or a tie) and watching the game being played out. Players may, however, take on the role of the dealer.
- Another version of Baccarat, known as Mini Baccarat, is often played in casinos for those looking for a faster and simpler version of the game.
What are the Card Values in Baccarat?
- Royal Cards (King, Queen, Jack) have a value of 10.
- The Ace is valued at 1.
- Face cards keep their own value (eg. 3 is valued at 3).
- Baccarat’s unique card value system, however, means that if one of the sides (Punto or Banco) are dealt cards that total more than 10, the ten digit is dropped. For example, if the Banco is dealt two cards totaling 14, the 10 is dropped so that the cards are now worth 4 only.
What is the Baccarat Game Process?
- Players place their bets about the outcome of the game on the baccarat table
- The Banco and Punto are each dealt two cards and the total value is added.
- Each will automatically stand if they are dealt a 9 or 10.
- The Punto stands if he is dealt a 6 or 7.
- Should the Punto stand, the Banco needs to hit on any value up to (including) 5.
- If the Punto is dealt any number up to (including) 5, he is dealt another card.
- The Banco draws a third card if he is dealt 0, 1 or 2. For all other scenarios, a third card is drawn as follows :
|If the Banco is dealt||He draws a third card if|
|3||The Punto’s third card is anything EXCEPT an 8|
|4||The Punto’s third card is between 2 and 7 (inclusive)|
|5||The Punto’s third card is 4, 5, 6 or 7|
|6||The Punto’s third card is 6 or 7|
- The Banco is required to stand if his cards total 7.
How Does one Win at Baccarat?
Once it is determined who won (the Banco or the Punto) or whether the game ended in a tie, the players are paid out accordingly.