Casino Bonuses Explained – Bonus Types
Online casinos give away bonuses to not only attract new players, but also to give existing players an incentive to play. Bonuses, therefore, serve as marketing and promotional tools, enabling casinos to widen their player base and giving existing players a reason to stay on at the online casino and wager real money on the games.
Players can claim several different types of bonuses at online casinos, and here is a brief overview of them.
- No Deposit Bonuses – These are small gifts of cash or free spins, which online casinos give away as welcome gifts to new players. Players do not have to qualify to receive these bonuses by making a first deposit. They only have to create a new account and the online casino will credit these bonuses to their accounts.
- Free Play Bonus - A brand new variety of no deposit bonus is the free play bonus, which is an unusually large no-deposit bonus. Players can use it for a specific period of time to win as many prizes as possible, and they can retain and withdraw as prizes any amount over and above the original bonus amount.
- Match Bonuses – Match bonuses are allotted based on certain percentage amounts according to the deposit amount made by the players. For example, an online casino that offers a match bonus of 100% up to €100 on players’ deposit amounts is actually doubling their deposits up to €100. Match bonuses are usually given away on first deposit amounts.
- Deposit Bonuses – Online casinos give away weekly, monthly, and sometimes daily deposit bonuses. To qualify for these bonuses, players have to make a deposit within the specified time. Like all other bonuses, deposit bonuses are also associated with terms and conditions, which players have to read before they claim the bonus.
- Loyalty Bonuses – These are special deposit bonuses given away to reward players for their loyalty.
- Cashback Offers – Many casinos give away a percentage of the losses incurred by players over a period of time. These are called cashback offers. Usually, online casinos give away 10% of the total losses incurred over a specific period of time. These bonuses greatly eliminate the risk of playing at online casinos.
- Payment Method Bonuses – Some casinos offer special, but smaller bonuses on deposits made using certain alternative payment methods such as electronic wallets. These bonuses serve to encourage players who cannot use their credit cards to load their accounts.
- Refer-a-friend Bonus – Players can also grab special bonuses just for referring friends to the online casino. This bonus not only serves to widen the casino’s player base, but also to enhance the social gaming atmosphere at the online casino.
To claim a new player match bonus, players simply have to create a new real play account at an online casino. Before claiming a bonus, players should carefully read the fine print to avoid disappointment in future. Claim a bonus only if you can agree with its terms and conditions.