Blackjack Game Guide
Elimination Blackjack – How to Play Elimination Blackjack
Elimination blackjack is a format for blackjack tournaments. Using blackjack and poker elements, it is generally played in the Ultimate Blackjack Tour.
What is Elimination Blackjack?
Elimination blackjack is a format of blackjack tournament. It is a combination of casino blackjack with some aspects of No Limit Texas Hold'em Poker. This form of blackjack tournament is played at Ultimate Blackjack Tour and in some casinos.
The Aim of the Game
The rules of elimination blackjack are the same as regular casino blackjack. The main difference is that in elimination blackjack you are playing against the other players and not against the house. The aim of the game therefore is to collect more chips than your opponents.
The Rules of Elimination Blackjack
You will need to check the rules before you begin to play as there may be some variations between tournaments, however most tournaments will use the same rules.
Most rounds of elimination blackjack are 30 hands. Each player begins play with a certain number of chips. This is usually less in the preliminary rounds than at the final table.
Here are some basics rules:
- The dealer must hit on a soft 17 or anything below.
- The dealer must stand on a hard 17 or anything above.
- A player is allowed to split up to four times.
- Six decks of cards are used for play.
- All bets have a minimum and maximum amount (although this does not apply in the World Series of Blackjack).
- A player may surrender if they choose.
- A player may place an insurance bet if the dealer's up-card is an Ace.
- A player may only double down with two cards.
- Up to seven players are allowed per table.
- A player has a limited amount of time in which to make a decision – twenty five seconds in a regular hand and forty five seconds in an elimination hand.
Elimination blackjack is called such as it is possible for players to become eliminated from the tournament. There are two ways in which a player can be eliminated:
- If the player loses all of his chips.
- If the player does not hold enough chips to make the minimum hand bet.
- By being the player with the fewest chips after an elimination hand – this may be after hand number 8, 16 and 25.
A player will always be eliminated after an elimination round (even if a player has been eliminated on the previous round).
Winning Elimination Blackjack
The player to win elimination blackjack is the last player left at the table or the player who holds the most chips at the end of the 30 hands of the tournament.
- Blackjack Card Counting
- Blackjack Download
- Blackjack Gambling
- Blackjack Games
- Blackjack Phone
- Blackjack Reviews
- Blackjack Table
- Blackjack Tournament
- Choosing Blackjack Strategy
- Free Online Blackjack
- Learn Blackjack
- Multiplayer Online Blackjack
- Online Blackjack Betting
- Online Blackjack Bonus
- Online Blackjack Gambling
- Online Blackjack Money
- Online Blackjack Moves
- Online Blackjack Odds
- Playing Online Blackjack
- Win Online Blackjack
- Blackjack betting systems
- Blackjack card counting – basics
- Blackjack odds
- Blackjack rules
- Blackjack terms
- Blackjack tips
- Blackjack tournaments
- Does card counting work and is it legal
- Elimination blackjack
- History of blackjack
- How to play blackjack online
- How to use basic blackjack strategy
- Importance of basic blackjack strategy
- Live dealer blackjack
- Multiplayer blackjack – the latest craze
- Overview of a blackjack strategy card
- Some card counting systems
- The five essentials – when to hit, stand, double, split
- Using basic blackjack strategy to win
- What are blackjack dealer 'tells'