Multiplayer blackjack – the latest craze
Multiplayer Blackjack – Multiplayer Blackjack Craze
In the latest craze of multiplayer blackjack, players are playing against each other – they no longer play only against the blackjack dealer or the house.
How to Play Multiplayer Blackjack
To join the blackjack tournament, players must pay a buy-in (which gets added to the jackpot prize) and house fee. They will then receive 1,000 chips with which to play.
Game play is the same for multiplayer blackjack as it is for regular casino blackjack. The cards have the same point value and the basic aim of the game is the same. Cards 2-10 are valued as their face value, Ace is valued as one or eleven and all face cards are valued as 10. You need to achieve a hand with a total point score of 21 or as close to 21 as possible without going over. While you do still have to beat the dealer's hand, it is even more important for you to score more than the other players at the table.
The winner of multiplayer blackjack is the player who has collected the most chips by the end of the tournament. A player who loses all of his chips during the course of the tournament will be eliminated.
Different Types of Multiplayer Blackjack Games
There are two types of multiplayer blackjack games. They are both played in similar ways, but with slight variations
- Match play – A minimum of two and a maximum of nine players play at each table. You must place a buy-in to play. The aim of this game is to beat the dealer and at the same time achieve a larger stack of chips than the other players. The winner is the player with the most chips at the end of the game.
- Tournament – Multiplayer tournaments are played in the same way as the match play. Two main differences exist – two to five players play at each table and the tournament consists of a series of levels of play. The winner is the player who has the most chips at the end of the tournament.
Advantages of Multiplayer Blackjack
- You can play with players from all over the world.
- You can create a table of family and friends.
- You play for a large jackpot prize.
- You can chat with other players, increasing the fun and entertainment of the game. More advanced online casino technology may allow you to see and speak to other players!
- The multiplayer blackjack game is more advanced than regular casino blackjack as you have to play against the dealer and the other players, thus you have to be aware of what other players are doing and bet accordingly. For some players, this extra excitement is contagious.
Disadvantages of Multiplayer Blackjack
- You need to have mastered regular casino blackjack before you move on to the more complicated multiplayer blackjack.